Calculate log value of odds

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
tradewiz

Hi, thanks for a great program. I am impressed how much can be done with automation rules. It takes a while to get used to but when you do the possibilities are (almost) endless. However there is one thing I cant seem to find. Is there a way to calculate log of a number using rules? Ideally Power and exp also would be great but log is the most important. I am looking to calculate the log value of odds. If I am able to do that the remaining calculations (add/subtract etc) can easily be done in a rules file.
Derek27

tradewiz wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:03 pm
Hi, thanks for a great program. I am impressed how much can be done with automation rules. It takes a while to get used to but when you do the possibilities are (almost) endless. However there is one thing I cant seem to find. Is there a way to calculate log of a number using rules? Ideally Power and exp also would be great but log is the most important. I am looking to calculate the log value of odds. If I am able to do that the remaining calculations (add/subtract etc) can easily be done in a rules file.
I don't think it's possible in a rules file but there's virtually no limit to what calculations you can do if you connect an Excel spreadsheet to BA.
warnocksbumbag

+1 for this request if possible on an update. Would be very handy to apply in a rule across multiple markets (i.e. not practical in an excel linking)

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”