How to dutch a market using automation.

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
onkargm

Hi all,

I was wondering how we can dutch a market the same way we do manually using dutching tab in Bet Angel.

As in dutching we can back all selections at lay price, I want to do the same using automation with a fixed stake.

I tried using "Back All Selections" in rule tab but it does not place a back bet to lay price, instead it uses a fixed price for "Back All Selections".

Please let me know if anyone have an idea about this.
MemphisFlash

maybe this will help

http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 43&t=11265
onkargm

MemphisFlash wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:08 am
maybe this will help

http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 43&t=11265
That URL to post is not working.

Can you please post complete URL.

Thanks
Onkar
Dallas

onkargm

Hi Dallas,

I have increased favorites to 16.

But most of the times the outcome is negative for few horses.

Isn't there any way to actually automate dutching, i.e. backing all the horses at their lay prices.

Regards
Onkar.
Dallas

onkargm wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:29 pm
Hi Dallas,

I have increased favorites to 16.

But most of the times the outcome is negative for few horses.

Isn't there any way to actually automate dutching, i.e. backing all the horses at their lay prices.

Regards
Onkar.
If dutching the full field that will happen taking the current price,

To back at their lay prices on the parameters tab for 'Place' at use 'Custom ticks above best reverse price' 0
This can then be increased if you want
sun1

I was looking for this for a long time. Finally I downloaded it and tweak to my need. I am backing all at 0 tick of reverse price except those odds 100 and higher. For a small profit but in automation. Thanks and I am just a month on automation and I am liking it.
DBK

Hi Dallas - hope ok I am posting here - subject relevant even if posts quite old!

Scenario is this:

1.Three horses being bet in play

2.if bets get taken - all well and good.

3. Sometimes of course bets don't get matched as horses break well /remain handy - price contracts - so I want to have any unmatched bets 'closed off' (not traded) in the last part of the race.

4. I have your very useful STD Timer / Distance bot working so that bit isn't a problem.

The issue is the actual 'closing' of the unmatched bets. 'Closing selections' just dumps a bunch of lay bets into the market to offset the back bets that are already filled (I don't want that). All I need really is a 'close all unmatched bets at best available price' (with the original stake) but can't seem to do this.

5. The manual option is right there in the unmatched bets panel - I simply click 'close bets' button at the relevant point in the race - and the bets are closed with the original stake but at shorter odds of course - which is exactly what I want to reduce liabilities a bit.

How can I automate this?

It is possible my neurons aren't synapsing properly :D - (late night - Sunday morning) - so may have missed something obvious...AI help is usually useful - but I think was making up stuff on this occasion.

Help appreciated

Dan
Dallas

DBK wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 11:06 am
Hi Dallas - hope ok I am posting here - subject relevant even if posts quite old!

Scenario is this:

1.Three horses being bet in play

2.if bets get taken - all well and good.

3. Sometimes of course bets don't get matched as horses break well /remain handy - price contracts - so I want to have any unmatched bets 'closed off' (not traded) in the last part of the race.

4. I have your very useful STD Timer / Distance bot working so that bit isn't a problem.

The issue is the actual 'closing' of the unmatched bets. 'Closing selections' just dumps a bunch of lay bets into the market to offset the back bets that are already filled (I don't want that). All I need really is a 'close all unmatched bets at best available price' (with the original stake) but can't seem to do this.

5. The manual option is right there in the unmatched bets panel - I simply click 'close bets' button at the relevant point in the race - and the bets are closed with the original stake but at shorter odds of course - which is exactly what I want to reduce liabilities a bit.

How can I automate this?

It is possible my neurons aren't synapsing properly :D - (late night - Sunday morning) - so may have missed something obvious...AI help is usually useful - but I think was making up stuff on this occasion.

Help appreciated

Dan
If the bet is still unmatched then you'll only need a 'Cancel all unmatched bets' rule, or you could use a 'Cancel all unmatched bets (price dependant), you'll then be able to specify which selection/s and if it's just back bets and above/below a certain price etc
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/tak ... ters_.html
DBK

Thanks - but I don't want to cancel the unmatched bets - I want to close them - make sure that any unmatched bets 'get filled' (albeit at a shorter price) in the latter part of the race.

So, in the image are two unmatched bets. I simply want to automate the closing of these bets towards end of race.

bets.png

Stakes would remain the same. Odds taken would obviously be shorter.

It's easy to do this manually at a time of your choosing by clicking 'Close' - but I want to automate it.

thanks
Dan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DBK

Maybe we can have a stab at it on Tuesday -
thanks
Dan
Dallas

DBK wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 2:20 pm
Thanks - but I don't want to cancel the unmatched bets - I want to close them - make sure that any unmatched bets 'get filled' (albeit at a shorter price) in the latter part of the race.

So, in the image are two unmatched bets. I simply want to automate the closing of these bets towards end of race.

bets.png

Stakes would remain the same. Odds taken would obviously be shorter.

It's easy to do this manually at a time of your choosing by clicking 'Close' - but I want to automate it.

thanks
Dan
I see what you mean, the details I gave above still stand using the 'Cancel unmatched bets on selection (price dependant)' rule but you will also now need to do the following

On the 'Cancel bets' rule use the 'Signal' tab and set a signal on the selection (with a name of your choice)

Then create a 'back bet' rule applied to 'Every Selection' with a 'Signal Set' condition to test the signal named (whatever you called it) for the selection is set with a value

So unmatched bets get cancelled, it places a signal on the runners its triggered on, a back bet rule then places a bet on those runners with a signal on it

Depending on the size of the stake you are using you may find some of your original bet is being matched, if this is the case then you'll need further changes so that the matched amount is stored, deducted from your original stake, then the remainder is place with the new back bet rule

But I'd give it a go as is for now to make sure you have it working as expected first
DBK

That's great Dallas, thanks - will test it.
All the best
Dan
DBK

Hi Dallas,

Horse Racing.

While you're on :) - I have a strategy that works quite well. The problem is that I need to fire the initial bet in just before the off. It's easy to automate in theory by 'trigger before event start time'.

The problem is of course that races generally go off late every day - a few seconds is ok - but not minutes.

Do you have any clever idea that might help me get closer to the 'actual off time?

I thought maybe via a volume condition - e.g. volume is '90% less than it was' - from '5 minutes ago' - or 'from peak' - or whatever. I want to get to the period where the market is stable and boring before the off.

Maybe a bit of a long shot, so will only get cooking if you think it is viable somehow. Any past bot that you can point me to - for chopping up etc - much appreciated.

Thanks again
Dan
Anbell

DBK wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 11:45 am
Hi Dallas,

Horse Racing.

While you're on :) - I have a strategy that works quite well. The problem is that I need to fire the initial bet in just before the off. It's easy to automate in theory by 'trigger before event start time'.

The problem is of course that races generally go off late every day - a few seconds is ok - but not minutes.

Do you have any clever idea that might help me get closer to the 'actual off time?

I thought maybe via a volume condition - e.g. volume is '90% less than it was' - from '5 minutes ago' - or 'from peak' - or whatever. I want to get to the period where the market is stable and boring before the off.

Maybe a bit of a long shot, so will only get cooking if you think it is viable somehow. Any past bot that you can point me to - for chopping up etc - much appreciated.

Thanks again
Dan
For English horses you can use TPD to get a sense of when the race start is imminent

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”