New beta version of Bet Angel v1.62.0 beta2

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

jimibt wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 9:44 am
Correlation Tool, 1st impressions.

The data is all well represented and having the color coding is a good visual aid. personally tho, i'd prefer to see it represented graphically
We did experiment with graphical display, but it got very messy and confusing very quickly when visualising the field against many other runners.
That’s why we settled on using colour to provide at a glance feedback of direction and extent of correlation. You can also use the filter options in the settings to remove some of the noise (e.g weak correlation or prices you don’t care about).

Graphical would probably be ok if focused on a specific runner, but is a mess when you have to present many to many data.
jimibt

Bet Angel wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 10:09 am
jimibt wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 9:44 am
Correlation Tool, 1st impressions.

The data is all well represented and having the color coding is a good visual aid. personally tho, i'd prefer to see it represented graphically
We did experiment with graphical display, but it got very messy and confusing very quickly when visualising the field against many other runners.
That’s why we settled on using colour to provide at a glance feedback of direction and extent of correlation. You can also use the filter options in the settings to remove some of the noise (e.g weak correlation or prices you don’t care about).

Graphical would probably be ok if focused on a specific runner, but is a mess when you have to present many to many data.
i totally agree re the many-many issue with multiple runners. but, for a 2 selection comparison (which holds true for many markets), then a graphical representation might offer up an instant visual advantage. for multiple selections, they could be represented as originating from a single 0 baseline, like ducks in a row. again.. just idle thoughts.

[eidt] i'd go as far as to suggest having a 3rd tab on the tool [Grid] [Visualise] [Settings]
elofan0

Great job just needs to be worked out the best way to use it .. as there is slight confusion with rows and columns at first ie
is it best to use length ways or downwards .. i used length ways yesterday watched a few races to see how it went rather than jump in..
the other thing is you have to keep changing everytime you switch markets ie 3 runners or 5 runners
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

sionascaig wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 8:52 am
On fresh instal, in the Market view on Guardian when "Display Sidebar" checkbox clicked the side bar was completely blank, e.g. the Racing Markets Quick Picks list was just an empty frame..

Windows Compatibility Assistant then kicked in saying the program may not have run correctly and do you want to run again using compatibility settings which I did and now all ok.

(it's a new new windows 11 PC, so not much on it other than BA).

PS: I did get a message during instal that some files were running that BA needed to close which was a bit weird as had closed down BA before trying to instal new version. Not sure if that had something to do with it.
That's odd. When you start Bet Angel, are you using factory default as the layout profile? If not, try that and immediately open Guardian before selecting a layout profile, just in case that's caused the issue.
Windows 11 does seem to popup the Compatibility Assistant the first time an application is used, but when you say the program ran correctly, it doesn't ask again. That's happened for the last few releases and seems to relate to the embedded Edge browser, but we haven't managed to resolve it. It doesn't seem to cause any issues and is unrelated to the Guardian sidebar quirk you've experienced. If the sidebar is still empty with a factory default layout then probably best to Restart Windows and reinstall the beta again.
elofan0

im using my own layout but will try it thanks not taking anything away from the great add well done its definately a plus
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

elofan0 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 10:41 am
the other thing is you have to keep changing everytime you switch markets ie 3 runners or 5 runners
So I see, it's supposed to stay on the correlation picklist option you had selected on the previous market, unless you had chosen a specific runner that doesn't exist in the new market.
Have done a few tests just now, it works properly if you save the choice in a settings profile and then load from that settings profile.
However it should remember the choice regardless of saved settings, so we'll look to fix that.
sionascaig

Bet Angel wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 10:48 am
sionascaig wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 8:52 am
On fresh instal, in the Market view on Guardian when "Display Sidebar" checkbox clicked the side bar was completely blank, e.g. the Racing Markets Quick Picks list was just an empty frame..

Windows Compatibility Assistant then kicked in saying the program may not have run correctly and do you want to run again using compatibility settings which I did and now all ok.

(it's a new new windows 11 PC, so not much on it other than BA).

PS: I did get a message during instal that some files were running that BA needed to close which was a bit weird as had closed down BA before trying to instal new version. Not sure if that had something to do with it.
That's odd. When you start Bet Angel, are you using factory default as the layout profile? If not, try that and immediately open Guardian before selecting a layout profile, just in case that's caused the issue.
Windows 11 does seem to popup the Compatibility Assistant the first time an application is used, but when you say the program ran correctly, it doesn't ask again. That's happened for the last few releases and seems to relate to the embedded Edge browser, but we haven't managed to resolve it. It doesn't seem to cause any issues and is unrelated to the Guardian sidebar quirk you've experienced. If the sidebar is still empty with a factory default layout then probably best to Restart Windows and reinstall the beta again.
Actually, it did have a bespoke profile set when I 1st loaded it. The second time I used default mode and no issue.

Anyhow, up and running now... Thought I best let you know just in case, it being Beta an all...
elofan0

ok thanks for the reply
ilovepizza82

Ok im uninstalling dis thing.
Showing wrong runners, wrong bets and wrong matched bets.

Log:

21/05/2024 13:12:13: £ 50.00 Back bet placed on The Border Boy at 16. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 23232.....
21/05/2024 13:12:16: Cancelling bets 23232.....
21/05/2024 15:59:55: £ 40.00 Back bet placed on Benkei at 24. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 23232......
21/05/2024 15:59:58: Modify bet 2323...... from 25.17 @ 24 to 25.17 @ 23 New Ref: 23232.....

[THE REF is edited for an obvious reason]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ilovepizza82

LOL its getting better.
Same runner allegedly mattched at 2 different meetings :D

log:
21/05/2024 11:06:01: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
21/05/2024 11:06:04: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended
21/05/2024 13:07:12: £ 5.00 Back bet placed on Dillarchie at 9.2. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tuco

...no multiple markets spawned in-play trader screen options? shame :(
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 4:30 pm
LOL its getting better.
We didn't see that during testing, but we'll have a look to see if we can recreate.
If it happens again, try unticking Average Odds to see if the raw information is displayed correctly or to see if interacting with the matched bets pane like that forces it to repaint.

Edit: By the way, are you running with 'Restrict Refresh' ticked or unticked?
gstar1975

Would it be possible in a future release to have Betangel replicate the actual profit and loss when taking SP in practice mode? And be able to have a set Bank.
ilovepizza82

Bet Angel wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 5:15 pm
ilovepizza82 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 4:30 pm
LOL its getting better.
We didn't see that during testing, but we'll have a look to see if we can recreate.
If it happens again, try unticking Average Odds to see if the raw information is displayed correctly or to see if interacting with the matched bets pane like that forces it to repaint.

Edit: By the way, are you running with 'Restrict Refresh' ticked or unticked?
'Restrict Refresh' un-ticked.
How do you uninstall this without losing your settings ?
I dont wanna use this. I want my previous, working version pls.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 9:28 am
'Restrict Refresh' un-ticked.
How do you uninstall this without losing your settings ?
I dont wanna use this. I want my previous, working version pls.
Did you try unticking and re-ticking Average Odds while looking at the Matched Bets to see if that forces the correct information to appear?
Your matched bets count in the column of the market list looks correct, so it does seem that the correct data is on your PC and just that the Matched Bets grid didn't repaint properly. That's our theory, but it would be good to have that confirmed on the same PC where the problem was initially spotted.

If you wish to uninstall, then you can do so without affecting any saved settings. The settings will be available to the previous version when you install it. The only caveat to that would be any settings/files that you have saved with the new version which in doing so may have become incompatible with the older version (but only if the new version had extra information that needed to be saved into that particular file).

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”